Warnings and cautions
- READ THE ENTIRE USER MANUAL BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SERVICE THE DEVICE.
- USE OF THE CABLES OR ACCESSORIES OTHER THAN THOSE SUPPLIED WITH THE STIMPOD MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY.
- MAINTENANCE OF THE DEVICE MAY BE PERFORMED BY THE MANUFACTURER OR PERSONS EXPLICITLY AUTHORIZED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
- DO NOT USE THE STIMPOD IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO EQUIPMENT THAT PRODUCES STRONG ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS, SUCH AS HIGH FREQUENCY SURGICAL EQUIPMENT. THE CABLE LEADS COULD ACT AS AN ANTENNA AND DANGEROUS CURRENTS COULD BE INDUCED AS A RESULT.
- THE PRODUCT MUST NOT BE OPERATED IN AREAS LIKELY TO CONTAIN POTENTIALLY EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES.
- Servicing must be undertaken by qualified personnel only.
- Ensure all work is carried out on an anti-static workstation and that an anti-static wrist strap is worn.
- Ensure that solder, wire or foreign matter does not enter the STIMPOD as damage may result.
- Use only approved components as specified in the parts list.
- Ensure all components, modules, screws and insulators are correctly re-fitted after servicing and alignment.
- Ensure all cables and wires are re-positioned correctly
For your safety
- Only qualified personnel may install or repair STIMPOD equipment.
- Caution must be taken when working on high voltage sections.
- When the STIMPOD is received, inspection must be done to confirm the contents; this is done using latex gloves to avoid contamination.
- Decontamination on the STIMPOD must be exercised. The entire unit should be cleaned to minimise biological risk. New and return machines shall be kept separate.
- If biological material (such as blood) is present, the affected area should be sprayed and allowed to stand for 5 – 10 minutes to neutralise all potential contaminants. The unit is then wiped down completely with the decontamination wipes.
ACCESSORIES AND BATTERIES
Only use approved accessories. Do not connect incompatible products to the STIMPOD.
NOTE: batteries are not included in the product
There is a risk of electrical shock
- Xavant Technology requires that the service points have sufficient ESD protection (electro static discharge) when servicing the STIMPOD.
- While handling the PCB, extreme caution must be taken as all electronic parts of the product are susceptible to ESD. Resistors can also be damaged by electro static discharge.
- All ESD sensitive parts must be packed in metallized or any anti-static bag during shipping and handling outside the ESD protected area.
- All handling of electronic components must be done under ESD protection.
- For more information and local requirements about ESD protection contact Xavant Technology.