- When the medical device (customer property) is received by the servicing center, a service technician should open the package and inspect the medical device and its contents using latex gloves to avoid contamination.
- The service technician will also decontaminate the medical device using the decontamination solution (commercially purchased) and / or decontamination wipes.
- The entire medical device should be cleaned to minimize biological risk. New and return medical devices shall be kept separate.
- Care is taken. If biological material (such as blood) is present, the affected area should be sprayed with ethanol and allowed to stand for 5 – 10 minutes to neutralize all potential contaminants. The medical device is then wiped down completely with the decontamination wipes or disinfectant solution.
- The unit can then be return to be booked into the Xavant servicing software.